RR's reply

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 17:55:33 +0000 (GMT)

Forwarding at his request - I'm not sure why he can't reply direct to the group himself, but here you go:

Everythings okay, I'm just at GenCon SoCal for a week, with really
spotty internet access. (this is the first time I've been online since sunday)

So I haven't seen the rest of the comments about healing and
injuries, but here's my take, if you'd be so kind to pass it on to the group:

I'd stack penalties that apply to similar abilities - so a -10% and a
-50% that both applied to, say, dancing, would yield a
-60%. Two
-50%'s would result in a cumulative -100 *for that
contest* if they
both seemed reasonable. This wouldn't indicate that the hero was
"dying", just that his wounds have made it impossible to compete.
BTW, there is no penalty greater than 100% - there may be wounds that
would indicate that, but the penalty wouldn't be greater.

I'd try to give a good description of the penalty, so that the
players and narratotr have the informatio they need to make the "this
applies in this situation" determination - Mike's "Arm Gash -10"
mechanics work fine for this. I'd also make the penalties apply to
more and broader abilities the more severe the penalty is - an "Arm
Scratch -1" would apply to fewer abilities than a "Broken Arm -50"

RR

No, no sig. Now that's limited access!

All New Yahoo! Mail � Tired of Vi_at_gr@! come-ons? Let our SpamGuard protect you. http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html