HQ Rules List members - The Monolist Experiment

From: Sam Elliot <samclau_at_...>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 20:52:19 -0300

Quite - seems an utterly bizarre idea to me. Count me out, just as a matter of principal (and what exactly was the "etc" in the original email?). The last thing I expect from somewhere like this is to have an "if you don't tick this box we'll forward your details" piece of smallprint, which is what an opt-out is, pretty much.

I think if anyone's details are forwarded as a result of this, I will be leaving the lists as there *will* have been people who have not been consulted properly and it's just wrong. I will no longer trust the list.

Another matter - was this sent as a special message going to all users or a normal post? If the latter, you must realize that many people may not notice the message in the middle of the daily digest (I most likely wouldn't under normal circumstances). Also, many people may have emails from lists go into a subfolder in their inbox for later readng (or straight deletion) like I normally do.

Or is it April 1st?

Sam.