Grimoires and Casting

From: Mike Holmes <mike_c_holmes_at_...>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 14:08:33 -0600

>From: Andrew Solovay <asolovay_at_...>
>
>...It's darned handy--in game terms, you can increase your
>rating in the grimoire, and that lets you cast *every spell in the
>grimoire* more effectively, instead of having to buy up each spell
>individually.

So I was re-reading the section on Wizardry the other day, and it occured to me that I may have made an assumption about how something works, that's not how it works. I've always assumed that for an Adept to cast a spell he knows using the Grimoire ability that the Grimoire needs to be present. That the Adept is probably reading out of it. That the Adept is very limited in casting Grimoire spells by the requirement of having to have this possibly heavy, and certainly extremely valuable, book present to cast these spells.

I think that my mind just said, "Need talisman for non-grimoire spell, need grimoire as talisman for grimoire spell." Or some such primitive simian heirarchical logic. Or maybe I did read it somewhere, I can't say.

Is this clarified somewhere? I couldn't tell from the book, but I may not have read the salient portion. Do Adepts require the grimoire on hand to cast grimoire spells? If not, do they have to have talismans for the spells? Or can they cast these entirely without talismans?

Mike

Find a local pizza place, movie theater, and more�.then map the best route! http://maps.live.com/?icid=hmtag1&FORM=MGAC01