Re: Grimoires and Casting

From: Roderick Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 20:25:53 -0000

> So I was re-reading the section on Wizardry the other day, and it
occured to
> me that I may have made an assumption about how something works,
that's not
> how it works. I've always assumed that for an Adept to cast a spell
he knows
> using the Grimoire ability that the Grimoire needs to be present.
That the
> Adept is probably reading out of it. That the Adept is very limited
in
> casting Grimoire spells by the requirement of having to have this
possibly
> heavy, and certainly extremely valuable, book present to cast these
spells.

The intent was that every spell cast needs an anchor to the "Spell Node" on the Essence plane. This is normally a Talisman. However, the physical Grimoire can *act as* a talisman for any spell it contains (because *it* is connected to the Grimoire Node, and so are the spells in it).

I'm away from my books at the moment, so can't look up what the rule *says*, but that was the *intent* when we wrote it.

RR