Re: Grimoires and Casting

From: Paul Albertella <elboi_at_...>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 22:31:16 -0000

Mike wrote:
> I've always assumed that for an Adept to cast a spell he knows
> using the Grimoire ability that the Grimoire needs to be present.

Likewise. I could have sworn that it was explicitly stated, too, but...

Rory replied:
> The intent was that every spell cast needs an anchor to the "Spell
> Node" on the Essence plane...

It doesn't actually state that the grimoire must be present in the rules text, but this is very clearly the intention. The strongest articulation comes in one of the examples: "If he is in a place where he feels safe taking his grimoire, he can instead cast the spell using his [Use Grimoire] rating."