Re: Grimoires and Casting

From: John Galloway <yuskim1_at_...>
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2007 01:34:25 -0000

Actually, I thought I was just paraphrasing (and summarizing) some of the information about talismans and grimoires given on pages 164 and 165 of the main HQ book. On reflection, however, I can see that what I was doing was interpreting the information according to my concepts of Gloranthan magic theory that have slowly formed as a result of reading the discussions that occur on forums like this one.

This, to me, is one of the many attractions of the HQ system, that magic can be seen as conforming to underlying systems (if that is what you are wanting to find) coupled with the fact that such systems are not explicitly described.

Thanks,