Tricky situations - heavy negative modifiers, any self-respecting hero

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 16:07:22 +0000 (GMT)

OK, this one has been discussed before, but could perhaps be added to your list.

There are many actions which no self-respecting "hero" will fail at, under normal conditions. Walking across the room, for instance. Or talking. But, there are times when they are on very heavy negative modifiers, and their ability to cross the room (so as to press the Big Red Button that stops the place exploding, say), or to tell someone else what button to press, becomes both important and difficult.

We can figure out things like -40 due to fatigue. Or -50% to all actions due to injury. But what is the basic ability to which these modifiers are applied? RR came up with an answer, which I believe was something like 20W, but it's something that should perhaps be explained in the new book.

Yahoo! Messenger - with free PC-PC calling and photo sharing. http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com