Re: Re: Tricky situations List

From: L.Castellucci <lightcastle_at_...>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 12:09:22 -0400

Interesting. Neither of those struck me as a tricky situation.
  1. Can I use my Silver tongued to stop Great Club?

Yes. One of the strengths of the system and immediately obvious which is why I was attracted to the system in the first place. :-)

2) Missle combat, especially where the other can't return fire.

A bit trickier, certainly, but not too tough. Mind you, that might be because I had it well explained to me before I ever had to narrate it. (Which would just make it a good idea to include in the book.)

So you are looking far more for in game situations, "how might this be handled?"

Like: The Mad Vizier is trying to convince the Princess to complete the ritual and sacrifice her son. The PCs are trying to convince her to break the spell, all the while being attacked by the Vizier's goons to keep them away from her.

(That I find a tricky situation, personally.   Who is rolling against who? What are the actual terms of the contests? Are there multiple goals in play? Can the players *win* by beating up all the goons, even though that ignores the whole "Princess being compelled to do the spell" aspect?)

LC