Re: Re: Tricky situations List

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 15:32:15 -0700

> How do you stop the common thing of one of the players bidding the
> whole lot of his AP?

Err, nothing.

> Everytime I have ran an extended contest one or two of the players
> bids the lot in one go. Its annoying.

Annoying how? Because it derails your story if they take out the Villain in the first round (use bigger villains), or because they take *themselves* out in the first round? It *is* a valid tactic, if you think your hero has the ability to back it up (or doesn't have the ability and is desperate).

If they do this a lot (and it seems they do, from your comment), you might want to give their heroes an "Overbold" or "Rash" or "No sense of proportion" trait.

It may be because your players just want to get the contest over with (not a good sign), or because they just haven't thouhgt it through. You might want to sit down with the players and explain that a "all AP" attack is basically and all-or-nothing suicide mission. or they may be playing totally in character for their heroes...

RR