Re: Re: HQ Beginner - Character Generation questions

From: L.Castellucci <lightcastle_at_...>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 11:38:09 -0400

HQ already allows for this, in some ways. (The concentration rules are pretty wildly inconsistent.)

Despite Concentration being explained as concentrating on one of the otherworlds, it isn't actually presented that way in the rules.

You can concentrate on an otherworld.
You can concentrate on the inner world, which would only get you talents. Except that the only example given is self-rock, which lets you concentrate all common magic no matter where else it comes from (even the common magic that if you concentrated on one of the otherworlds you would get to keep and use actively).

There's the example of Donandar, which lets you concentrate along a given entity and keep some common magics (much as you describe below). Lunar was like this as well but has been re-defined as its own otherworld from what I understand.

There is one specialized religion in either Men of the Sea or ILH-1 (I forget which) which lets you concentrate on the entity and get charms and feats from that one pantheon or entity.

So really, Concentration doesn't seem to have any rule other than "you must be willing to give up some magic to make this magic less costly". So I'd say run with your Puma idea.

LC