Re: Re: Effects of Misapplied Worship

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 20:48:01 +0100 (BST)

RR:
> >> And, though it doesn't say so in that section,
> initiates are still required
> >> to use the standalone feat as a modfier ability,
> not an active (unless
> >> they take that -10/-5 penalty)

LC:
> > Ahh, now that's interesting. I always thought
> stand alone feats seemed to skirt that rule.

RR:
> Not in *my* glorantha... (Concentration would
> probably allow you to use the
> feats as active abilities, though)

Well, it lets you use them actively if they're feats from common magic, so that makes sense.

So, feats from affinties, as a devotee, you can use, anyway you like

Feats from affinities, as a concentrated initiate, use as you like, but at -5

Feats from affinities, as a NON-concentrated initiate, only as augments, and at -10

Feats from common magic, if concentrated, active, no minus.

Feats from common magic, not concentrated, augment only, no minus.

Stand-alone feats from a hero-cult, without having the affinity, if concentrated - active, -5 if you're a mere initiate, no minus for devotee (of the same overall cult, that is)

Stand-alone feats from a hero-cult, if NOT concentrated - augment only, -10.

And now these misapplied feats..... you can't get the benefit of being concentrated, so they have to be augment-only? But no minuses?

Did I get that lot right? (And is the next edition of the rules going to be simpler? Please?)

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/