Re: Re: Effects of Misapplied Worship

From: L.Castellucci <lightcastle_at_...>
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 16:05:11 -0400

Hmmm...

On July 15, 2007 03:48 pm, Jane Williams wrote:

> So, feats from affinties, as a devotee, you can use,
> anyway you like

I think yes.

> Feats from affinities, as a concentrated initiate, use
> as you like, but at -5

I think yes.

> Feats from affinities, as a NON-concentrated initiate,
> only as augments, and at -10

No. I think you can use it as direct, but at -10. You would just use the affinity rating if you were using it as an augment.

> Feats from common magic, if concentrated, active, no
> minus.

I think yes.

> Feats from common magic, not concentrated, augment
> only, no minus.

I think yes.

> Stand-alone feats from a hero-cult, without having the
> affinity, if concentrated - active, -5 if you're a
> mere initiate, no minus for devotee (of the same
> overall cult, that is)

I think yes.

> Stand-alone feats from a hero-cult, if NOT
> concentrated - augment only, -10.

I think no, same objection as above to feats from affinities for an initiate. And I presume the above is for initiate or anyone else who managed to get a stand alone feat from a hero cult. Which, by this measure, is weaker than a common magic feat?

> And now these misapplied feats..... you can't get the
> benefit of being concentrated, so they have to be
> augment-only? But no minuses?

I really don't know.
I don't see why the minuses wouldn't apply.

> Did I get that lot right? (And is the next edition of
> the rules going to be simpler? Please?)

Seconded.

Best,
LC