One System to Rule Them All (Was: Re: [WorldofGlorantha] Re: How Much Rule fiddl

From: ttrotsky2 <TTrotsky_at_...>
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2007 21:06:50 -0000

Rob Davis:

> Here are some examples:
>
> Varnmand and Gyr, two rival weaponthanes from different clans are
> dueling over a matter of honour. They both use sword and shield,
> leather, fur and any scrap of metal armour they have found or lifted
> off fallen adversaries. You can add their equipment bonus, or not,
> because whatever you add isn't going to make much difference, if any at
> all. So you can maybe, on this occassion skip the bonus.

Agreed; if the two combatants are equally equipped, any bonuses might as well be ignored, since they'll cancel anyway.

> Another day Varnmand is fighting a stickpicker who have attacked him
> after a careless insult! The stickpicker is armed with a belt knife
> and
> no armour. Varnmand's armour and weapons suddenly become a relevant
> bonus.

Again, that would be my understanding. Similarly, were Varmand to come across a Loskalmi knight in full articulated plate, he'd be at a disadvantage. Which is what the rules say at present, and I believe is what Robin is also saying. Which is a Good Thing :)

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic