Re: EquipmentFiddling

From: Mandacaru <samclau_at_...>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 13:12:53 -0000

"L.Castellucci" <lightcastle_at_...> wrote: >
> Back in a Buffy-verse campaign run with BESM rules, one of my
players had a
> half dragon who had "Been there, done that" as a skill. He could
use it to
> know random bits of knowledge or to have a contact in a town or
something,
> since he was hundreds of years old.
>
> We also had a collector of magic goodies who had "I might have it
back at the
> shop" that was designed like your truck, but was only good for
obscure bits
> of magical paraphenalia.

I have a character whose dodgy henchman sidekick has "I'll sort it out, Boss", specifically for resolving problems offscreen for which my PC's stomach may be too weak. I have no idea what equipment bonuses might come into that and I suspect I wouldn't like to find out. Narratively, though, it works a treat.

Sam.

p.s. The interesting thing with all this armour stuff is that I am sure (with no base in actual fact) that all that heavy armour is great for the battlefield and not really all that much else, yet I haven't seen this mentioned really. In a one-to-one situation, some guy with a big piece of sharp metal in his hand trying to kill me, I'd be much happier if he were carrying around a goodly number of kilos of extra metal so I could run around trying to find saucepans to lob at him.