Re: Re: [WorldofGlorantha] Re: Ho Much Rule fiddling Is Tolerable?

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 16:17:58 +0100 (BST)

Looking up rules.... I know what I remember, I know what I do, but both may well be inaccurate.

OK. Generic "magic", not specifically feats. P98.

It adds that using it to jump over the Cliff River may well be worth a go!

Now, on feats specifically...
P120
"You cannot improvise from a feat, only an affinity. If you try to use a feat in a new or unusual way, your narrator will tell you if your proposed action is acceptable (in which case there is no penalty) or is beyond the feat�s power."

I had a memory that theism was more flexible in this regard than other forms of magic, but I can't find a page ref for that. If it means anything at all, it must be that the "is it acceptable?" criteria aren't all that fussy.

Somewhere, there used to be a very detailed example of the "Sunset Leap" feat being stretched to its limits and beyond. Google finds me Mything Links, which links to...
http://www.glorantha.com/hw/javern_sunsetleap.html

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/