Re: Re: Temporarily Joining a Hero Band

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 12:49:36 +0100 (BST)

Which is more or less exactly the scenario given in the example, as I understood it? And yes, this makes good sense to me.

> On the other hand, I don't think you could apply to
> join the Household
> of Death as a temporary member...

Short-term contract: "until death" :)
Oh, no, sorry. "...sworn to defend Sartar to the death and beyond, into the Land of Death."
No, you're quite right, no easy get-out.

> Nor are their many ex-members of
> the Black Fang Brotherhood

They might charge a bit more than a HP and a difficulty modifier...

There seems to be a bit more to it than that http://www.glorantha.com/hw/magical_blackfang.html

> Another consideration for characters of somewhat
> looser morals is
> whether there might be a downside of joining a
> heroband and getting
> kbnown by it's guardian if you might subsequently
> find yourself opposing it later

A good point, and an important one for neutral mercenaries.

Want ideas for reducing your carbon footprint? Visit Yahoo! For Good http://uk.promotions.yahoo.com/forgood/environment.html