Re: Temporarily Joining a Hero Band

From: Gavain Sweetman <gavain.sweetman_at_...>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 08:02:03 +0000 (GMT)

The last sentence seems to cover the only suggested "ways out", but it is all at narrator option. Possibly you could persuade the guardian to let you "part as friends" or something?

That sounds reasonable to me. Like wise the temporary contract would seem fine too. Mutual help for a fixed term.

What I don't understand, looking at that, is how the next guardian knows there's a potential problem? How does it know you've abandoned a guardian before? Is the fact engraved on your aura or something? And if so, surely the rest of the world can see it, too, if they take the trouble to look?

I would think that it is a little like the agents of reprisal. They can detect the guilt of having broken the contract, unless you are a very good liar - including being able to do it subconsciously, or are illuminated :-)

Gavain