Re: No More XP

From: Rob <robert_m_davis_at_...>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 13:24:36 -0000

Yes.

> Which, incidentally, seems an entirely reasonable limit to me, and
is
> roughly what I aim at as GM. Although, as player, I'm the kind of
> person that has difficulty coming up with three augments for most
> tasks - one or two, providing a total bonus of no more than +5, is
> about all I can usually find. But then, I don't like augment
hunting;
> it distracts from the game.

Which is your play style. Some delight in the hunt of augments, some because it allows them to describe in narrative terms their characters important characteristics that she can bring to bear, others because they seek to accumulate advantage from as high a target number as possible - I suspect the truth is a mix of both.

My way is a compromise, with the added bonus of making contest resistances easier to set before hand for the GM. I mean if one player regularly on uses a couple of augments and a player in the same game uses 10, it makes it difficult to set resistances with any kind of consistency.

Regards
Rob