Re: Re: Temporarily Joining a Hero Band

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 18:27:11 -0700

Sorry for the late entry into this question, I've been at GenCon (and coming home) for the past week.

> I'd suggest that it's normal for most Heortlings at
> least to be members of several interlinked herobands.
> I'd be quite surprised if they had to spend a HP to
> join each and every one. But, none of these are
> temporary memberships (at least, that isn't the plan!)

Correct.

I'd assume that the "Heortling" keyword (or a more specific one - frex: tribe clan or bloodline) would include membership in the apporpriate heroband. 'Way back when, I asked Greg about "Russian Doll" herobands, and the answer was "yes". So, frex, all the clan warbands will integrate into the tribal Warband relatively seamlessly. So if you are part of the Sqaut Oak warband, you're also part of the Lismelder tribal warband.

So if I have a "Heortling Warrior", "Squat Oak Clan", "Lismelder Tribe", he'd autiomatically be enrolled in the appropriate clan and tribal warbands, clan wyter, etc. No HP expenditure needed, it's part of the keyword and assumed to have happened before play. If he gets outlawed from the Lismelder tribe and joins Locaem, he'd then have to pay HP to join the appropriate "Clan-level herobands" - but I'd probably only make it 1 HP total for the Clan, Clan warband, and other herobands.

If he wants to join the Eaglebrown Warlocks, then it's *not* part of his background, so *would* require the hp expenditure. (Same as if he wanted to join the Lunar army, etc).

>> Another question: does one have to separate oneself
>> from a heroband
>> one has no opportunity to participate in?
>
> Probably depends on the requirements, and they vary.

Yep.

The whole "heroband" section should be take as guidelines for, perhaps, 60% of herobands. And even in that 60%, they'd have differeing parts of the requirements. Some herobands will be more restrictive and require more HP (representing more time commitments, or more up-front expenditure, or something), some will have fewer.

RR