Re: Re: Temporarily Joining a Hero Band

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 08:12:18 +0100 (BST)

> If he wants to join the Eaglebrown Warlocks, then
> it's *not* part of his
> background, so *would* require the hp expenditure.
> (Same as if he wanted to join the Lunar army, etc).

And in both cases, roleplaying it out may well be more interesting. It's perhaps worth remembering that the HP spend is only a rules construct. I see it as representing all the negotiation and testing that for some reason you decided not to do in-game. If you spend a month of roleplay on proving yourself worthy of being a member of the Eaglebrowns, and RPed through the ceremony that lets you join their wyter, I doubt if I'd then charge you a HP as well: at least, if I did, I'd give you a directed one for the purpose, so it hardly counts.

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/