Re: Two goals?

From: Ian Young <ian.d.young_at_...>
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2007 15:27:27 -0000

Jane Williams wrote:
> Can we find an example that doesn't get
> re-interpreted as a single goal?
>
> erm....
>
> if I'm trying to simultaneously cook a meal and carry
> on an intelligent conversation on a totally different
> subject? To make life even more awkward, let's say
> it's a phone conversation, so I need one hand to hold
> the phone to my ear - the two activities do interfere
> with each other.

But isn't your contest here really "Trying to Do It All"? Once your lesser extended contests start getting nested like that (a big no-no according to the rules), you reinterpret it as a more over-arching contest.

Here's a twister, though. What do you do if you've already started one extended contest, then another contest arises to complicate it? I'm inclined to say that any subsequent contest acts as a modifier to the earlier one, but what if the subsequent contest clearly overshadows the former?

!i!