Re: HQ2, cultural key-words, runes.....

From: ttrotsky2 <TTrotsky_at_...>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 17:40:59 -0000

Correct.

> But in HQ1 ten cultural key words were listed, and in other HQ1 era
> publications we've added a lot more: various lunar homelands (ILH1)
> and the peoples around Fay Jee (BoG) being two sets that jump to mind.
> Out of all of these cultures, some will probably be pretty straight
> forward (say Dara Happan), but others are probably much less clear
> (such as Wenelians, or Puma People).
>
> Is there any plans to either offer a Gloranthan survey of some sort,
> or issue web errata for those older books, to outline how those will
> be under HQ2?

I'm not clear exactly what you're asking here, but I can tell you that Heroes of Malkion will explain how Malkioni magic works in HQ2 terms. Generally speaking, a Malkioni hero will start with a rune, and may have the opportunity to get others later. Runes, in their case, are the power behind grimoires. How you pick the runes for your character depends on their role in Malkioni society - wizards have a wider choice than knights, for example. But, at the core, it works in much the same way as it does for Heortlings. (It may be worth noting that this was pretty much the way that HoM was written already; all that was needed for HQ2 compatibility was a few clarifications here and there).

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic

Not a Dead Communist: http://jrevell.blogspot.com/