Three Way Internal Contests?

From: Lev Lafayette <lev_lafayette_at_...>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 15:46:13 -0800 (PST)

Not having my rules with me at work and all :)

What's the easiest way to manage three-way internal contests?

I'm looking at Greg's write up for Dragonewts (Wyrms Footnotes Issue 14) which has an article about Dragonewt characters dealing with paired personality traits. The resolution method in RuneQuest is fairly simple; they roll d100, if they score one extreme or another they act accordingly and if they roll in the middle they get to choose.

I'm modifying this slightly so the conflict is between Biology (Id), Sapience (Ego) and Culture (Superego). Bascially, the Dragonewt will encounter a situation and will be torn between what their desires tell them to do, what would make them a good Dragonewt and what they want to do.

How would I represent this in HQ? - without making too many rolls!