Re: Singing 10%, Snooker 85% (was: stuff)

From: ttrotsky2 <TTrotsky_at_...>
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2009 20:03:02 -0000

The World of Glorantha list did not seem the right place for the discussion. I've warned people about being off-topic on lists I've run, so I felt I should practice what I preached :)

> I am almost certainly in Jamie and Stew's camp too, despite Ian's
> passionately strident advocacy for HQ2.

And, to be clear on this, many people will agree with Ian. The system supports his style of gaming very well, and I think it should be praised for what it does.

> I have my comments ready,
> however I am not close enough to the designers to know how far the
> text has moved since the Continuum release, so will wait until the
> game is released.

This is why I've stopped short of discussing detailed mechanics. There are some mechanics in the Continuum release that I found particularly problematic in actual play, but I don't intend to discuss them yet because they might not be in the final draft.

> Er unless we all know that the tet is essentially the Continuum
release?
> I am a bit 'out of it' so may have missed this if it is commonly
known...

While I can't be sure of all the mechanics, I think it's a fair assessment that the narrativist tone that Ian and others find so cool will be in the final draft. There have also been pretty clear statements about the Book of Sartar, among others, not having numbered stats for anything, so we can probably be confident of that much, too.

> Jamie - I reckon you'll love HotB, it's a cracking game. You're
> right it's fairly focussed in terms of play and not a generic
> Gloranthan replacement. Cool beans nevertheless.

Well, I've just paid them my money for a copy, so we'll see :)

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic

Not a Dead Communist: http://jrevell.blogspot.com/