Re: Singing 10%, Snooker 85% (was: stuff)

From: ttrotsky2 <TTrotsky_at_...>
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2009 19:56:35 -0000

If HQ2 publications are essentially stat-free, as seems to be the intent, then, actually, yes, it will be as difficult to translate them into HQ1 as it would be to translate MRQ into HQ1. Translating an absence of stats is really no different than translating stats with a totally different premise - in fact, its actually more or less the same thing.

Now, if, on the other hand, the HQ2 publications are going to include numbered stats then you're right; the difference in actual mechanisms are too small to make any noticeable difference. But this does not appear to be the case.

Having said which, my own submitted books for Moon Design do have such numbered stats, and I'm still hoping they will be retained, and that other writers will do the same. But it's not what I'd call a very *big* hope...

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic

Not a Dead Communist: http://jrevell.blogspot.com/