Re: How to run a chase in HQ2

From: Robin Laws Mail List Only <tjaderoo_at_...>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 14:16:17 -0500

On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 1:22 PM, L C <lightcastle_at_...> wrote:
> Flashbacks are a great storytelling device for showing us
> something new about the characters.

I use them a lot, usually abandoning resolution systems entirely. I ask the players what obstacles they faced and how they overcame them. Sometimes I ask one player to describe the obstacle that faced another, and then have him describe how he overcame it. Often the players choose worse outcomes for themselves because they feel it makes their backstories stronger. You might find it fun to treat them as a little play-lets that brings the the backstory to life rather than scenes that affect the branching of the narrative.

Take care >>> Robin