Re: How do you compare published abilities without numbers?

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_...>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 18:03:26 -0000

> It *is* an optional tool. It's just the only one described in the
> (preview draft of) the rules - unless you count "use your own creative
> instincts" as a tool, that is.

That's not exactly true. What constitutes a Nearly Impossible, Very Hard, Hard, Moderate, etc difficulty is pretty straightforward.

FWIW, I don't actually use Pass/Fail, I use "gut feeling" resistence levels. Is this wall hard to climb or very hard to climb? Is this an elite fighter who might kill the heroes or just some foont to be slaughtered? Is this a key dramatic moment or just something I want to pass by quickly? As a Narrator, the system works like a dream.

Jeff