Re: Re: HQ with a d12 [was genre & setting for HQ2]

From: John Machin <trithemius_at_...>
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 14:37:02 +1100

2009/3/2 L C <lightcastle_at_...>:
> *nod*  I understand the reasoning behind them, I'm just not sure I like
> them. Mind you, that may be because reading through casually at my FLGS,
> I saw no way to pull them apart, make my own, etc. It's good to know
> Monster Burner has that kind of info. I might be more favourably
> inclined towards them with that knowledge.

Veering well off topic for this list, but this is the last one I promise!

I get the impression that Luke Crane is very keen to get tools into people's hands; the Monster Burner gives you tools for Stocks ("Races"), Settings (the lifepath lists), Traits, Skills, and Creatures; Magic Burner provides the tools for magical systems, and Emotional Attributes. It's not a rigidly mathematical toolset at times, but it is good for identifying the key decision points.

Back to HQ! (no beatings! no beatings!) ;)

--
John Machin