RE: Re: How do you compare published abilities without numbers?

From: Matthew Cole <matthew.cole_at_...>
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 15:15:40 -0000

excuse me but to defend Ian:

<no offence><rant>
He was just paraphrasing The Mask "from zero to hero in nothing flat" I'm convinced that he wasn't saying that heroes that have no chance of victory in any given conflict are objectively 'zeroes'. ffs - it just rhymes and is a bit catchy. taking it literally is not really very helpful. what Ian was referring to was deprotagonisation

</rant>
</nooffence>

heroes in narrative games are by their nature not zeroes? totally