Re: Possession of Runes

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_...>
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2009 09:37:58 -0000

> This seems to me to imply that a beginning Theist will have his three rune affinities whereas a beginning Sorceror or Spiritist will have none. This is part of what makes them different and antagonistic to each other, yes?

Depends on the culture. Orlanthi will have three runes, but also some spirit charms and/or wizardry. There are many spirit societies amongst the Orlanthi, but most belong to the Kolating Tradition. You can be an initiate of a god and still belong to a spirit society. However, if you become a shaman of the Kolating Tradition you cannot use any Rune Magic as a shaman.

Jeff