RE: Re: The merits of relative and absoluteresistances (HQ1 and HQ2)

From: Matthew Cole <matthew.cole_at_...>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 17:03:57 -0000

no it's not a sham. it's all about the names of the abilities narrated in. the whole idea of a narrative game is to narrate: I narrate the scene (frame), players (and/or I) narrate their heroes' part in it. etc etc. same as I said before. you only look at numbers for a brief second and don't need to think about them at all.
as far as comparing adjectives and adverbs goes - there has never been an empirical method that I know of (I'm sure someone would correct me there) - why worry about it? - go with the general concensus, go with your gut feeling, go with story logic, test things for credibility. this is narrativism dude. relax into it.
listen to me - I was in just your position some time ago. best advice I can give is: try it out, read about it, talk about it but do try it without falling back into old ways. more advice: you won't get it straightaway so don't feel like you've failed if you hit the tarmac. be like Neo: no amount of "free my mind, free my mind" will stop you hittinf that sidewalk at 120m/s/s :D