Re: Re: Magic Items in HQ2

From: John Machin <trithemius_at_...>
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2009 04:02:58 +1100

2009/3/14 L C <lightcastle_at_...>:
> I think they have always (or, at least, since very early) resembled
> other abilities.
> The question I was thinking was more along the lines of "since one
> doesn't put NPC stats in, but this would end up becoming a PC ability,
> do you put it in?"
>
> I would suspect one would stat them out like NPCs, with no numbers, so
> that it can be adjusted in tune to the PCs in question.
>
> In fact, I would assume many things would be referenced in relation to
> 'base resistance' if there is a need to fix a relational scale in a
> product for some reason.

I mostly assume it will do something with the system in a way that isn't really clear since I haven't read the rules yet.

Maybe something to do with augments if they are in there since presumably they are going to help a person with one do a certain sort of thing.

An aside: Are you getting some kind of fund-raising sponsorship for this or something? Raising money for a local hospital or something? I once walked around and around and around some city blocks to raise money for my primary school and I am really getting that sort of vibe from this continual discussion of the as-yet mostly unreleased ruleset.

--
John Machin