Re: Man Rune

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_...>
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 09:23:04 -0000

> OTOH, I'd be easily persuaded that everything is made of everything and that everyone was a mix of runes 5%man, 1% earth, 6% illusion etc adding up to 100%. but can see that three being picked out for easy gaming notation, rather than having a rating in each one is easier and more fun.

Yep. The chief purpose of the HeroQuest Glorantha rules is to give you all tools for playing fun games set in Glorantha that are consistent with Gloranthan reality as described in Greg's stories. Many Gloranthan philosophers would argue that the HeroQuest Glorantha rules as being overly simple or lacking the infinite complexity and precision of ancient texts like "Hepherones' Statement of Magic".

They would be right too - but I doubt anyone would want to have fifty page long character sheets and have to memorize hundreds of core runes just to play the game!

Jeff