Re: Playing Star Wars using HeroQuest

From: Ian Young <ian.d.young_at_...>
Date: Mon, 25 May 2009 17:14:37 -0000

This is similar to an idea that I had -- borrowing Passions from Pendragon. "Hatred of ______" may not be the healthiest source of an augment for a Jedi, but it's there in a pinch.

> About the only thing is the idea that the more you use it, the
> more it calls to you. I'm not sure how to simulate that in a
> non-arbitrary fashion, but you could make a contest of which
> each time they lose it increases.

I suggest that the ever-increasing augment itself is the source of the temptation, and it's up to the player himself if he's going to give in and use his character's emotions as a source of augments.

Another thought I've had borrows from Clint Nixon's Paladin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paladin_(role-playing_game)), where Hero Points may be divided between Light HPs and Dark HPs. Your character gains and uses Dark HPs for morally dubious acts. Again, the temptation lies in the player having a powerful resource at his disposal, but that he simply doesn't want to use since the use of Dark HPs only begets more Dark HPs. Start using them too much, and it becomes difficult to get off the treadmill.

!i!