Re: Genre rules

From: Trotsky <TTrotsky_at_...>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2010 19:59:19 +0000

L C wrote:

> Indeed. I happen to like the Rune Affinity thing in its implication that
> Orlanthi in some way view themselves as tied to the primal powers more
> than they do the gods. Your adult initiation doesn't initiate you to a
> god, it pulls up the connection to the runes in your soul directly.
> That's kind of an interesting view, and seems to fit some of the raucous
> individualism of the culture.

That's interesting. To me it seems that the Heortlings should be the other way round - that they are more tied to the gods than to the relatively impersonal primal powers. I happen to like the Rune Affinity system as well, but yours is the first good argument I've heard against it. And not one that had occurred to me, I must say. I may have to think more about this...

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic

Not a Dead Communist: http://jrevell.blogspot.com/