Re: Hello

From: L C <lightcastle_at_...>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 10:13:34 -0500

Nikodemus Siivola wrote:

> Nitpick:
>
> I think HQ is indeed well suited for games in the style of
> Silmarillion, Hobbit, or Lord of the Rings -- but tt would be pretty
> terrible in emulating the style of game experienced through eg. Middle
> Earth Roleplaying game.

*nod* True. Just as it does a bad job of emulating the experience of RQ.

> Which is to say: HQ doesn't really care about the world you play in,
> but the style you play in.

I'd agree with this. It's focus is not on tactical considerations and resource management, and people used to and preferring that style of play will be disappointed.
(To be honest, it goes a bit TOO far in removing tactics for my liking, which I've mostly compensated for by generous use of situational modifiers.)

LC