Re: Supporting Character Antagonists- Resistances or narrator created characters?

From: toxicbob2000 <toxicbob2000_at_...>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 13:57:23 -0000

> I *think* that both sides use HP in the long example of an extended contest. Though it's possible this is only a house rule retained from earlier editions.
>
> We actually had a fair number of reviewers, but probably all were familiar with an earlier edition...
>
> Bottom line: keep the game challenging and fun. A small number of GM hero points seem to help in my experience. If nothing else, they raise the implicit stakes of a contest.
>
> David Dunham
> Glorantha/HQ/RQ page: www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html

Ah, okay! That makes sense. I bought the new generic core rules with zero exposure to older editions (apart from knowing it somehow involved runes and grim anthropomorphic ducks). There are a marginal number of typo sort of errors in the book too...maybe an errata document should be released? As far as I could tell the Hero Point thing was the only rule inconsistency though...for awhile the holographic sidekick rule example threw me but that's because I glossed over the bit about default abilities for creatures.