Re: DnD4e to HQ2 (was Greetings)

From: Santo Sengupta <aumshantih_at_...>
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2011 14:55:11 -0400

Namaste:
FYI, I ran a 3 year long game in HQ1.0, involving Lunars, Teshans, Eastern Isles Mysticism, Illumination and Enlightenment, even a vaunted Attack Of the All 10M15.

While there are some things a I greatly appreciate in HQ 2.0 - the Victory Track, the much much much better Extended Contest Mechanic - I think going the way of scaling everything so that's its challenging to the Heroes and not trying to even vaguely simulate/model a world was sort of a cop-out. To each their own, I suppose.

I'm not saying that you need to be a super completist about translating DnD keywords/abilities/etc into HQ.. it just that you can, easily, and it would take little time, and be quite playable.

-Santo
aum shanti shanti shantih.
"The world is like the impression left by the telling of a story." - from the Yoga Vāsiṣṭha