Re: DnD4e to HQ2 (was Greetings)

From: Rick <rmeints_at_...>
Date: Sun, 07 Aug 2011 21:35:00 -0000

Kevin Blackburn <kevin_at_...> wrote:
> ... making runes the only important thing and
> moving away from the gods being defined by their stories made me give up
> on Sartar KoH, it was so against what attracted me to HeroQuest/Thunder
> Rebels/Storm Tribes.

Kevin,

We welcome all feedback on our products. I respect that opinions will greatly vary, so I only hope that they have a "in the ballpark" description of the product. I don't feel your description is in the ballpark. Runes are not even 2 percent of the book so I fail to understand how they can be described as "the only important thing". As for how the gods are defined, the vast majority of what we have written about them all relates to their stories. If anything, we have moved more towards defining gods by their stories. If you couple SKoH/Sartar Companion with the Heortling Mythology book, I believe this to be doubly proven. Even by itself, SKoH is all about stories and storytelling. Things are stats lite, spells, skills, feats, etc. are given only brief word count, all so the story is the thing. Or am I totally missing the meaning of "gods defined by their stories"?