Re: Re: DnD4e to HQ2 (was Greetings)

From: Trotsky <TTrotsky_at_...>
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2011 09:57:26 +0100

Jeff wrote:

> > > In HQ2 character sheets rarely have more abilities listed than can be
> > > put on a 3x5 index card.
> > >

> > One of the things I don't like about HQ2, actually. It works great for
> > convention games or other one-offs, though!
>
> Not surprisingly, that's one of the things I love the most about it.
> It means players really tend to define their characters through their
> abilities more than in HQ1.

Interestingly, I dislike it precisely because I feel it doesn't allow me to define my character through their abilities. This probably has a lot to do with me not liking to focus my abilities - I find that having a wide spread of different abilities really allows me to flesh the character out instead of having to just focus on a few key attributes that are never enough to define them in the way I want to. Horses for courses; I certainly wouldn't say that it's a negative feature of HQ2 in any objective sense, it just doesn't work for me.

In a one-off, where I want to zoom in on what the character is about really quickly, it fits very well.

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic

Not a Dead Communist: http://jrevell.blogspot.com/