Re: knacks, talents, etc.

From: Mikael Raaterova <ginijji_at_...>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 18:55:41 +0200

>Mikael Raaterova:
>> Implementation is as with any ability: if it's appropriate then
>> apply. I don't find upgrading problematic at all: if you could
>> upgrade the modifier it wouldn't be a modifier but an ability.
>
>That niggles a bit, though. Why can't I say, be a little bit
>better at Wind Words than the other Feats in that ability, say?
>Or, have somewhat different ratings in Sword and Shield Fighting
>than in (say) Greatsword fighting?

(silly answer) Because there are no rules for it in published HW.

(better answer) Simply add a modifier ('knack for wind words', 'clumsy with a greatsword').

(another answer) I'm not against additive abilities (i.e. upgradeable modifiers). If you wan't to be better a certain feats or actions, you can have the ability 'wind words' or 'knows his way around a kitchen' with a +2 rating, which is increased as any other ability (i.e. 1 or 2 HPs).

--
-
Mikael Raaterova        [.sig omitted on legal advice]