Re: Digest Number 189

From: Richard Melvin <rmelvin_at_...>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 21:09:34 +0100

>> Can someone remind me, what is the rank of an arrow or bow?
>
>3 I think.

Another way of phrasing this question is 'what is the armour rank of 100 foot of empty air?'

In my opinion, this should be pretty high.

Being able to hit your opponent while they can't hit you would serve as pretty much the exemplar of an edge.

Doing things this way makes all the situations I can think of 'come out right':

Is there any reason this approach isn't explicitly recommended in the rules? Was it considered and rejected for some reason? Or just considered too obvious to be worth mentioning?

Richard