Re: Re: Lapsing worship

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 09:20:36 -0400

> > > She would only be an Initiate of Lambril, but has become an
> Initiate
> > > in Yinkin as a 'cover'.
> >
> > Initiation is a pretty deep thing in HW, I should point out. Its a
> > matter of faith and bring drawn to the gods. I'd be surprised if
> you
> > could use an initation as mere 'cover.' And Yinkin is pretty rare
> > too.
> > Their shrines are hardly common -- few and far between (but if
> your
> > clan has one, then hey, its as good a port as any)
>
> We definately have Yinkini, and I always envisaged her as a second-
> story worker - a cat burglar :) Yinkin fits her character just
> perfectly, except the Pleasure Affinity (or whatever it's called),
> she's too shy.

Well, withthat interpretation, I think I'd have no trouble with it. A player has to justify their choices to the narrator and make them reasonable.

And its called senusalitity. Feel No Guilt is a good feat for a burglar. And it could just involve lazing about in the sun on a treebranch. Honest.

> > What? He doesn't like you giving him shiny things as thanks? He
> > doesn't like getting something for nothing? A selfish guy like him?
>
> According to the writeup on the Issaries website (which I agree
> with), Lambril thinks people who give up their wealth voluntarily are
> fools. She could get someone ELSE to sacrifice...

Maybe. But Sacrifice is part of what strengthens gods. Its how they are worshipped and thanked for providing feats. Its the *mechanism* of theism.

> > > She's nowhere near HQ level as yet however...
> >
> > HeroQuesting in HW is not the terrifying experience it used to be.
> > Especially if you use friends and have a good community to back you.
>
> Yes, but it's hard to keep your cult affiliations secret AND ask
> folks to join you on a HeroQuest...
>
> Wulf

Oh, but she's a Yinkiki, right?

Jeff