Re: Re: Thunderstone

From: Mikael Raaterova <ginijji_at_...>
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2000 22:45:53 +0200

>Hrolf Swordthane was a famous fighting hero in his time, and I've
>learned his "Leaping Sword" feat from one of his followers. Hrolf was
>famous for throwing his sword at deadly accurasy, a last ditch move, but
>one that saved his or a friends lives on occasion. But lately I've
>started wondering... "Since the feat is called "Leaping Sword",
>shouldn't I be able to make the enemies swords leap right out of their
>hands!"
>
>Now I hope even the slowest of you will see where the problem lies. The
>feats are named after something. They refer to feats done by a god or a
>hero. People who learn this feat have to know what they are learning,
>and they are not trivial things, not something you can just decide to
>interpret totally different.

If that would be origin of that particular feat, then it would be more aptly named "throw sword", no?

Since it is in fact named "leaping sword" it implies you can make swords leap with it. That being so, you should be able to make the swords of your enemies leap too, no?

I do agree with you in principle, though.

--
-
Mikael Raaterova        [.sig omitted on legal advice]