Re: Mounted Combat

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 13:35:03 -0700

> I was pretty sure I'd seen this in the rules ...
>
> Certainly, the way I run it is as follows.
>
> A character that spends most of his time mounted, has learned his skills
> mounted, and is at no penalty to use them mounted. If he uses them on
> foot, he becomes subject to improvisational penalties.
>
> Reverse this for characters that spend most of their time on foot.

Page 23. Second paragraph of "Combat Skills". You can eliminate all mounted improv penalties by taking a "Mounted Combat" or similar skill. Pentans, Grazers, and Praxians would need "foot combat" to elimintate non-mounted penalties. This applies not only to combat, but to many other physical skills - for example, I might penalize a Praxian's chances to walk a long distance (assuming he doesn't have an applicable skill) because he is much more used to riding a long distance.

RR