Re: Turn Blow & Confuse Target feats

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 07:35:34 -0700

Tim asked

> I've been looking at the Xiola Umbar priestess in The Flying
> Trollkins on http://www.glorantha.com/hw/scenario_flyingtrollkin.html,
> and I'm a bit puzzled as to how the "Turn Blow Against Wielder" feat
> might work.

Sounds just like a defensive feat to me. "I attack the troll, 7 AP." "I turn the blow back." Priestess wins exchange, attacker loses 7 AP.

Tom

> feat 'Confuse Target'.

> If
> you are defeated by someone casting this feat aren't you out of the
> fight for the rest of the scene? If so doesn't that mean that you
> don't actually get to change foes, take unrelated actions, etc?.

Yup, pretty much like being defeated by any feat.

> If
> the author actually means by 'damage' 'hurt' then aren't the effects
> above pretty powerful in comparison to -1 on all skills?.

No -- when you're at 0 AP, you're unable to act no matter how you got there.

Your final action depends on how you got there -- in this case, you might use Iron Willed or Love <person we're trying to rescue> instead of Tough.

> Is this
> feat an unrelated action even though it is used in anger?.

I almost never use feats as unrelated action. They almost always relate to the ongoing contest -- it's a different means of defeating the enemy, so it falls into the switching abilities rules instead.

> Are there circumstances when
> being knocked down to less than 0APs doesn't actually knock you out
> of the fight?

None I'm aware of, unless it's an unusual power.

David Dunham <mailto:dunham_at_...>
Glorantha/HW/RQ page: <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html> Imagination is more important than knowledge. -- Albert Einstein