Re: Zorak Zoran Draft Write-up

From: Charles Corrigan <glorantha_at_...>
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2000 16:31:33 -0000

I find ZZ interesting as he has more than one elemental association. Ther's the original Darkness, the stolen Fire and hints of an Air association. I cannot remember the source at the moment but ZZ has been tagged as the Hell Roar which is also the Orlanthi Wind from Below.

On top of that, in some places, the origin of ZZ appears to have been the result of a huge ritual by the trolls to summon the Dark Eater to resist Gbaji/Nysalor (there is also evidence that ZZ existed before that - one of the warlords of the First Council was a ZZ devotee). Also there are hints that Arkat completely re-designed ZZ to further his own ends - in the process removing any restraints upon violence that might have been there before.

Given that ZZ is an underworld deity or demon, it seems right that he should have a defiant mode of worship. I can't really imagine him having (m)any sorcerous followers but it is easy to see both theistic and animistic members of his cults.

regards,
Charles