Re: items in narrative

From: JEFFREY KYER <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 15:49:12 -0000

> > By session, I meant sort of meant story. The session for me is
the
story
> > (or mixture of stories) that emerges when you add narrator and
players
> > together. If the desire for the magic rock was sparked by some
(possibly
> > minor) story element that would be fine.
>
> Perfect. I thought of session as a time unit, if you want.

That's the way we've always done it == though I award HP at the end of
a *story* as well as the usual stuff for the night. But I may be erring on the side of generosity. There's a lot of things to spend points on out there.

> > BTW I've discovered I have a heretical interpretation of the hero
point
> > rule "1 point at the starty of each session". I give 1 HP per
player every
> > session of play rather than every completed adventure/scenario
whatever.

> Why, is this wrong? It's what I do, too! I didn't know it was
a wrong
> interpretation of the rules... Anyway, it works fine for me, for
your same
> reasons.

That's the way I'd always thought it was. In fact, our games start with the ceremonial awarding of a Hero Point. This signals that all the talk of work, tv, books, families, etc should halt and let the game begin.

It makes a good 'starting gun' for me and the group.

Jeff