Re: How do edges and handicaps work?

From: tim_at_...
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2001 16:19:46 -0000

I'm not sure I like this. Consider the case of Kallai (offensive ^3, defensive ^5) against a Gargoyle (offensive ^0, defensive ^10)

Using the "standard" rules, Kallai must bid at least 8 AP to affect the Gargoyle (assuming he is only causing a loss of 1x), and the gargoyle must bid at least 6 in return (3-10 = -7 and 0-5 = -5). If you apply a "consolidated bonus" Kallai gets a total of 8 against the Gargoyle's 2, giving him a net handicap of -2, this means he does not have to risk as much to harm the Gargoyle, while the Gargoyle gets +2 - It's stony skin has just made it more effective offensively as well as defensively...