Re: Re: Forming a Wyter

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2001 00:46:19 +1300

At 10:34 1/03/01 +0000, you wrote:

>My second
>solution for this would be now, if clan is made of heterogenic
>material, then some appropriate daimon would come and serve as wyter,
>if later some bloodline separates and forms a new clan consisting of
>almost entirely of one bloodline, the wyter would be that common
>ancestor. Could this be the correct solution?

Ancestors are worshipped as a group by the Heortlings. They don't have normally have any individual identity (TR p94-95). When the Orlanthi worship their ancestors, all ancestors are worshipped together. That said, if a bloodline ancestor was suitably heroic, then yes he could be a wyter for his descendants. But it isn't an everyday occurence.

> > They can't have any effect because they are dead. Changing the
> > powers of the Wyter is something that can only be done by the
> > living.

>Hmm, I think I ment that if their actions as living could affect
>Wyter after they incorporate into it.

Any hero that is part of the organization can enhance a wyter after it has been summoned, not just the founder figure.

--Peter Metcalfe